Friday, April 29, 2011

Never got enough of it...

There are several things in life, you do to your soul's satisfaction and still you pant for more. Life looks incomplete if you are not able to cater to those hyperactive glands that keep secreting some particular desirous juices at an unbeatable rate. For me the list for such things start from eating gol-gappe to writing something every single day. I don't really remember, since when I am writing. The oldest I could recall is a piece of story that I had written during a lecture on moral-science by Father Lucas, when I was in class 6. That story was about two brothers, Father was referring to the phenomenon of 'that goes around comes around'. I had written something opposite to what he was teaching rather preaching and then just left that piece as it is. The diary writing formally began in class 8th, when my Hindi teacher, Tiwari Ma'am encouraged the class to start penning down our thoughts. Very few people actually did that... but I am so very thankful to her for making me keep a diary. I once showed that diary to her, since at that age you do not have many unsharable secrets and she admired me so much that soon that likeness towards daily diary reporting changed into perpetual thirst for writing this and that and every thought that crosses my mind.. I would not say that in all these years I have evolved as a wonderful writer, who has command over the seldom used vocabulary.. but yes I do have evolved as an honest writer. Lot of times, when I read my stuff I feel amazed at the amount of honesty displayed in the words.. they appear so direct from heart... and this honesty is that one thing I strive hard to keep undiluted. Though, sometimes articles with heavily loaded jargon do amuse me and I feel this sudden urge to write something that could establish myself as a writer with extremely good command over a language.. I try also, but neither it comes out that well.. nor do I like the output.

Now with the urge of writing.. comes another very serious desire.. the desire to get read. I have never met a single writer, who did not want to be read. People accept this to various degrees.. everyone who writes well, someday wants to write a book and who wants to write a book that couldn't sell! However, writing books needs a much more organised and prepared mind. Its easier to come up with a compilation of self-written short stories than to a long novel based on one single theme. It needs idea, focus and a plan... much like starting a new venture. In that sense, every writer becomes a kind of entrepreneur. For those intimidated by the tediousness in process, blogs come as rescue. For people like me blogoville is a separate world, where I make relations, share emotions, develop dreams and admire the beauty of being alive. There's so much in this world to be seen, felt and admired. Blogs work as quite effective teasers for the real world. And why only blogs... even twitter is not that bad.. anything that helps you vent out thoughts via words is wonderful.. and if it is small it could be handled by more people.

I am often asked why do you have to write this or that on your blog. I understand everything is not there to be displayed, especially when it is revealing more about others. Its a serious problem for whoever writes personal posts on a regular basis. If the content is not subject specific it will get personal at some point of time. You can't stop it.. it happens on its own and many a times you don't even realise this. I know people do things like reprimanding their Exs on their private space, which is childish.. it shouldn't be done.. however I too had done things like these, but long ago. Continuous learning is the key. These outbursts and complaints tell us we need to keep more check-points, but only till it doesn't start hampering the soul behind your purpose. After all, you bear the professional hazards of people around you and they need to bear yours. You cannot stop your husband from attending a night-emergency if he's a doctor, even if the best thing you want from him at that time is his arm around your shoulder. Similarly, your wife could not sacrifice her career and stop giving 5-days a week to her office, if your long distant aunty has decided to come and stay with you for a month. We pay for being together and disclosure of certain private opinions, however in manageable limits, on your near and dear ones' blog is a similar sacrifice.

I guess in every thing that needs your heart and soul to get delivered, you can't stop emotions from playing the role. And the concern regarding the privacy of stuff becomes important since it makes you vulnerable. You could be cautious and adopt certain anonymity. The characters on the blog might directly and intentionally correlate with those from your real life, but they should not reveal the true identity. How does it matter, if the real Anna is called Anu on your blog? May be it could save both of you from hassles. And yeas, in every moment that you write.. you need to keep reminding yourself that definitely this piece would be read by some people, you do not want it to be read. Its all about adding more check-points and knowing when to stop that.

No comments:

Post a Comment